Sunday, May 22, 2016

Going Veg! MY STORY *making the transition to vegan*

Welcome to my veggie transition. It is going to be one hell of a ride!

On April 11th this year I watched a movie that changed my life... "Earthlings" by NationEarth.com . If you have been kicking around the idea of a plant based life, I highly recommend watching it. I have not eaten meat since (I'll write more about my initial reaction of the film in another post).

Let me back up a few years. I have always had a great interest in my impact on our planet and humanity in general. As well as the effects of our over consumption as a society. So, I went Minimalist. Years before it became a hashtag or trend of the year, I was already purging my home, recycling, reducing my personal waste and reading everything I could get my hands on on the subject. Which opened the door to Zero waste living (this is still a work in progress). Which lead to eating a simpler diet. Although at that time it still included meat, dairy & eggs. The final project was a simpler life.

My personal challenge today is to cultivate the simplest way of achieving that life, food included.

Yes, I grew up eating meat. Yes, I fed my child meat. I grew up in Ohio, it's what we did. Hell, I best friend called me her "Bacon Buddy", we would eat bacon just for the sake of eating bacon.  UNTIL, I got educated about the shit our government is trying to pass off as food (I will share that info on this blog over time).

Fast forward to today. I am a month and a half into the journey and it's just getting started! I'm so pumped at the changes I am seeing in myself already. I'll share all of that in future posts. So, sit down and enjoy the ride!

**Disclaimer** if you have sensitive ears/eyes you may want to sit this out. I do curse, it's just a part of me. I will be sharing sometimes graphic photos and info on this blog. The Factory Animal Farm Industry isn't as pretty as those labels on the package of what ever butter you slathered on your toast this morning, I won't be aiding in that false image.


No comments:

Post a Comment