Saturday, June 11, 2016

Black bean dip, vegan style! - Simplified Summer series - recipe


Black bean dip, vegan style!

What you will need:


GoVeggie cream cheese
2 cans black beans (rinsed) or 4 cups prepared dry beans (which is what I used)
Taco sauce

Prep:
In a taller container (I used a large mason jar) place beans, whole container of cream cheese,
and 1/3 jar of taco sauce. Using an emulsion blender mix all ingredients thoroughly. Once blended 
you can add any spices that you may not have used when soaking/cooking your dried beans,
I used onion, garlic, chili powder when I prepped my beans so I didn't add any at this time.
 Then run the blender thru the entire mixture one more time taking care to whip it until it doubles in volume.

Pour all contents into an oven safe dish smoothing out the top, pour the rest 
of the taco sauce over the bean mixture. Bake on 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

* You can add vegan cheese sheds to the top of this and pop back into the oven until melted,
if you desire.

Grab a bag of tortilla chips, pita chips or even onion fries!

Enjoy!

Please leave me a comment below if you find a new way to enjoy this recipe and if you liked it.
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment