Monday, June 27, 2016

Vegan challenge, 25 bucks to feed 3 humans for a week.

 This month groceries ran a little snug with the budget. So, I am turning this into a personal challenge!
I will be feeding my family of 3 on what I previously had in the kitchen and $25 for new items.
I will be posting daily pics of meals created on my instagram, so follow along there if interested.

What I had in the kitchen to work with:
Dry goods- pinto beans (32 oz bag dry,  16 oz bag dry, 2 cans)
1 can of black beans, 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 small can tomato sauce, 1 can tomato paste,
1/2 jar of peanut butter, 1/2 bag of basmati rice, canister of oatmeal, bottle of maple syrup,
1 loaf of bread, 1 pkg bagels, almond milk, vegan nacho cheese (homemade)

Produce- half qrt cherry tomatoes, 2 sweet potatoes, 1/2 vidalia onion, 5 bananas,
2 small bell peppers, 2 cucumbers

Freezer- 2 bags of peas, 1 bag corn, sour kraut, frozen banana pieces


Farm market haul - 10 bucks and some change

Aldi Haul - 14 bucks

Currently I have 32 oz of pintos soaking which will be divided for baked beans and re-fried beans for tacos.

Meal plan ideas include:
Baked beans over rice
Sweet potato/black bean tacos
Pasta with broccoli
Loaded oven fries with homemade salsa and vegan nacho cheese
Balsamic rice with veggies
Oatmeal pancakes

Lunches:
pb sandwiches or left overs

Breakfast:
Smoothie bowls, granola (i will make tomorrow), oatmeal, toast


I love when the opportunity presents itself to think outside the box. What are your favorite budget meals?

No comments:

Post a Comment